Friday, December 30, 2011

Introduction

Greetings, and welcome to my blog.  My name is Mark.  I am a practicing Christian.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (also known as the Mormons).  I have been married to my wife for almost ten years.  During this time, I have made many mistakes, which have led to much unhappiness and loneliness in marriage for both of us.  I have recently realized that I have made too much of an effort to do things on my own.  I desire more of the Lord's help in healing my marriage, and allowing it to be all that He intended.

I became aware of the Christian blog community earlier this year, and have read many helpful things from the people there.  Over the past month or so, I have felt prompted to start my own blog.  This blog will chronicle my attempts at recovery, both personal and marital, through the Lord Jesus Christ.  I share it here in webspace in the hopes that others who are struggling might find some help or solace from it, just as I have from other blogs.

The title of this blog comes from something I heard at a church meeting a few months ago regarding the Provo Tabernacle.  For those who are not aware, the Provo Tabernacle was built by the LDS church more than a century ago.  On December 28, 2010, the structure was mostly destroyed by a fire.  After several months of deliberation, the church decided to rebuild the structure as a temple, wherein sacred and holy ordinances are performed.

At the church meeting I attended, the speaker indicated that the Lord can take something that's been burned to the ground and transform it into a temple.  Although the speaker was referring specifically to the Provo Tabernacle, I felt that it was very applicable to my marriage also.  Even though I sometimes feel like things have been burnt to the ground between me and my wife, I also know that the Lord can raise something sacred and holy from the ashes.  It is my hope and prayer that He will do so in my marriage.

My current plan is to post daily, starting on the 1st of January.  I pray that the Lord may bless me in this endeavor, and that what I share may be helpful to you, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment