Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reciprocity

In a healthy marriage relationship, both partners are helping to meet the needs of the other.  In an unhealthy marriage, both parties fend for themselves.  That's where I'm at most of the time.  I also feel that while I can sometimes offer help to my wife, there isn't much coming back the other way.  Early in the marriage, she couldn't.  Now I think she might be able to once in a while, but I have learned to fend for myself.  It is a very lonely feeling, and a lonely place to be.

It's the same at work.  People come to me for help and advice.  But I usually have to do my things without outside help.  At least it feels like that sometimes.

But I do get help from others at work.  And once in a great while, I received some help from my wife at home.  I wish it were more frequent.  But ultimately, that is something that I cannot control.  I can only do my best, and leave the rest in the Lord's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment